Junkins / Junkin Family History
Ancestors of Mattie Junkins
My maternal grandmother was Mattie Junkins and this is her family's history. Some of the family used the name Junkin.
Pedigree Chart of Mattie Junkins
The ancestors of Mattie Junkins include the following families:(Click on the surname to view the descendant chart and brief family history.)
• Junkins /Junkin
• Hall - (No family information for Mary Belle Hall.)
These families appear to be primarily Scots-Irish, English and French. All but the Junkins family had settled in the English colonies prior to the Revolutionary War. The Junkins ancestors arrived in the early 1800s. My research has found that most of these ancestors were hardworking farmers and land owners. Their religion was a big part of their lives.
Notes for using this site:
The Menu Bar at the top of each page helps to navigate the Junkins Family site.
- You can search for a name using the "Search" option or the "Surname Index".
- The "Charts" option provides a list of Descendant Charts for the Junkins and associated families. By clicking on a name in the chart, you can go directly to the person page for that individual.
- The "Sources" option provides a list of all sources used to document the facts. The detailed source information is listed on the page with the fact.
- The "Images" option provides the pictures and documents used on these pages.
Thumbnail pictures have an arrow and dark square above the image, like the one of Mattie Junkins above. Click the arrow to go to the person page associated with that image or click the dark square to view enlarged image.
The person page for each person contains the facts and associated sources. A camera icon denotes a picture associated with that person or an event in that person's life. Clicking that icon will display the photo or document.
At the top of the person page is a "Family Explorer" icon which will display a pedigree chart for that person.